WHY DO CHURCHGOERS DON’T GO TO CHURCH ANYMORE?

10:19 PM Unknown 0 Comments


          Life without Christ is pointless. This phrase reminds me of a homily from a priest in our barrio. He is one of the brilliant priests I have ever met. He was confident and loyal to his faith. This leads me to become a churchgoer.
Way back when I was a little curious creature about my faith, I was inclined to this phrase. I always let people know I do things according to God’s will. I have been an active church leader and there I gained a lot about what exactly my faith is all about. And so, days became years of service in church. I put myself in Christ whom I believe was my friend. I joined a lot of religious groups, I prayed the rosary and novena, and I also joined numerous youth gatherings. My life was filled of Christ-centred activities. I feel I was loved.
But as time passed by and I aged faster that I could imagine questions emerged and confusions became frequent. Why do I do this? What exactly faith means? Is He really alive? Why do people go to church and still do things the same as they use to be? Another factor is that I got a really tough job after I graduated in college. And this triggers me to stop everything. I cut ties to Christ whom I use to believe was with me. I don’t go to church anymore not because I don’t have time but because of what I have noticed. A lot go to church for some reasons: to date with loved ones, to show newest trends of clothing, to be seen by many, the worst to pretend how religious he or she. It was so disgusting to see those people. In addition to these, some of our priests were not loyal to their vows.
I became Judas of my own. I want to go to church but I couldn’t. I became ashamed in front of Him. I do things on my own. I tried everything that was considered negative. And to tell you honestly, I love what I am doing. What’s bad is good to me. Evil sparks in my being. I became independent human who wants to set free. I was drowned to negativity which leads me to become lonely. Yes, I do have friends and family but I can’t feel them anymore. I was numb to love and became addicted to loneliness.
My dreams turned into nightmares. My world became dull and plain. I was too proud of myself that I was close minded to every criticism I heard. I let evil succumbed me. Sometimes, I wish I was an idiot who doesn’t care about his life. No worries and pain and just live his life the way it is. How I wish I am ordinary.
Please help me to be me again. Pray for me.

          Life without Christ is pointless. This phrase reminds me of a homily from a priest in our barrio. He is one of the brilliant ...

0 comments: